Thursday, April 29, 2010

Journal - Customer Service

Busy, busy, busy! "Audio Book Heaven" is all ready to go as far as the settings and layout are concerned. That table of contents I created is proving to be very handy. As part of my book reviews, I’ve begun adding a section called "Related Books" where I list other books from the series, etcetera. The books in the list are linked to other reviews if I’ve already done one. The table of contents makes it much easier for me to make the links. I hope my readers find it useful too, assuming I ever get any. ~smile~



On the Audible program, I’ve finally been approved as an affiliate. They had previously denied my application because I had put the wrong URL on it. That’s been fixed and I’m all set to go. I started looking through the different links they have that you can put on your website. I sort of want to modify the wording a little bit to fit my blog a little better, but I thought I should ask them first. So I sent an email to ask about that and I’m waiting for their response.



I also have an account set up with Amazon. They have some different things you can do, you can link to individual products or to product categories. I just got done emailing them some questions about that. I think it would be better to link to a category, namely books, but I asked them what would happen if someone clicked my link and then bought something in a different category. Also, it seemed like all they had were banners, so I asked if they had text links available. We’ll see what they say.



I also heard about another affiliate program with ABE Books. They sell new and used books, although I’m not sure if they handle audio books. I’ll give that a look sometime, my reviews are written from and for audio books but they would still apply to text books for the most part.



I’m still kind of playing around with the stat counter thing. Not having much luck though. I’ve heard of people having trouble not being able to see their own counters, although people on other computers can see them. So if you go to "Audio Book Heaven", let me know if you see a counter at the bottom of the page. I think it’s at the bottom anyway.



That’s it for now. See ya later!



Update! I just got an email back from Audible where I had asked if I could modify the link. The rep asked for an example of what I wanted it to say so I showed her what I wanted. I must say, the various people I’ve been contacting at Audible, Amazon, WordPress, and Stat-Counter have all been very good about getting back to me quickly. They've also been very friendly and helpful. It's nice to know that there are still friendly customer service reps somewhere out there.



Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.



2 Peter 1:7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

7 comments:

  1. Question. Have you been playing with the settings?

    It is one long post with no white space! grr...

    Work it work it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...white space to a blind person is just space, isn't it? Sorry.

    Mission Control, it has returned to normal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the very bottom of the page, I hear "heading level two, counter. Two." So I'm not sure what that is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been playing with the settings a little because it's acting kind of funny when I compose a post but I'm glad it looks normal again. Also good news about the counter. I logged in to stat-counter and it does indeed show two hits. For me, the counter shows up but not the number on the counter. Glad to know it's working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I wish mine showed hits. I wonder if I chose not to show it. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know there's an option to make your counter visible or invisible, maybe you chose invisible?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I wish I had that option!

    Invisible! *poof*

    Shoot, didn't work, I can still see myself. :(

    ReplyDelete