Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Great College T-Shirt Project Day 6

The Great College T-Shirt Project is moving along slowly but surely. Like I said last time, I had a few hundred email addresses in my list and decided to go ahead and start sending some out while I continued gathering more addresses. At this point I’ve emailed 240 colleges and my list still has another 460 schools on it. This is just the tip of the iceberg though, on that map of the US I’ve only covered about one-fourth of the states. Still lots of work to do.

So here are some initial observations: Most of the schools have not been responding to the emails. That’s okay, I actually didn’t expect to get many responses. Out of 240 emails sent, 34 have responded. Out of 34 responses, 30 have told me that they will not send a shirt, but 4 have responded favorably. But there’s still more than 200 schools that haven’t responded at all so there’s no way to tell if they’ll send anything or not. I’ll just have to wait and see.

Oh, I should mention that of the 4 schools that agreed to send something, only 1 actually promised a t-shirt. Two others said they would send me pennants, and the fourth said they would send a bag of some sort. That’s cool with me. I like t-shirts but really any kind of souvenir will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment