Friday, August 1, 2014

The Great College T-Shirt Project

Often when I don’t have anything in particular to do I just kind of browse the internet at random. The other day I came across a blog entry from some guy where he explained how he had gotten a bunch of free t-shirts from different colleges and universities around the country. Basically he had come across a website that listed email addresses for about 1,700 schools and he emailed every single one of them and simply asked for a t-shirt, telling them that he would wear it around and give their school a little publicity. Can you imagine sending 1,700 emails? Well, if this guy is being honest, he got positive results from about half of them. According to his blog he ended up with 800-900 shirts along with other items like pens, coffee mugs, mousepads, etc. I think he said that one school actually sent him about 10 shirts for some reason.

Now, let me state for the record that I don’t need or want 800-900 t-shirts, although I could always give them away to people or to a charitable organization or something. However, this did sound like kind of a fun project. The guy I mentioned above said he spent an entire summer sending all those emails. I won’t spend that much time at it but I thought I would give it a try and see how it goes. It’s always fun to get free stuff. So I’ll take a crack at it. In his blog, this guy said that he had come across a website where it was very easy to get all those email addresses but that site doesn’t exist anymore so I’ll have to see what I can find on the web. Going to individual school websites to find an address would be way too time consuming.

So this is the beginning of my College T-Shirt Project of 2014. If this works out and if you’re related to me, I guess you know what you’re getting for Christmas this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment