Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Journal - Memorial Gathering

Tonight, Tuesday, we had our second Memorial weekend gathering at Bobbi and Mike’s house. Aunt LeeDel, Uncle Butch, and Uncle Marvin were there again, along with Mom, Bobbi, Mike, Brandon, and Elliot. Me, Joni, and Adam were there of course, and Brad, Cindy, Daniel, DJ, and Taylor. Our surprise guest was Carly who is Daniel's girlfriend. That was kind of exciting, Daniel has never introduced a girlfriend to the family before as far as I know. As I mentioned before, Kyli wasn’t there because she left for her band trip early Tuesday morning, and Brenna had a softball game. I'm sort of feeling like I goofed on that. I feel like I should have gone to Brenna's softball game tonight. I’m still trying to figure out this whole "Dad" thing. I guess I don't have to go to every single thing she does. I guess that’s how it is with families, sometimes you have to choos. My heart was with her, though. There were storms in the area tonight, so I hope she didn’t get stormed on.

Anyway, we had a good time at Bobbi’s. Mike cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill which is one of my favorite things about summer. There was potato salad and Brad’s famous macaroni salad, and ribbon jello which I love. For dessert there was brownies and Mom’s famous jello poke cake. After dinner we just sat around and talked while all the kids went outside to play hacky-sack or something. It was a fun evening, and also tiring. All those voices!

Tomorrow Uncle Marvin will be driving back to Texas, Aunt LeeDel back to Sioux Falls, and Uncle Butch back to Crete. It sure was good seeing them again, and I’ll be prayingfor safe journey's tomorrow.

Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

2 comments:

  1. Another wonderful evening with a wonderful family that I hope to one day become an intricate part of.

    It's times like this, I miss Astri the most. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops...There was Brian too. :)

    ReplyDelete