Monday, November 29, 2010

Journal - SFSite.com

So where was I? Oh yeah, putting my links on Audiobook Jukebox. Okay, I spent a few days putting my links on Audiobook Jukebox, I had 100 book reviews, so I put up ten links a day for ten days. After three or four days of that, the lady from Jukebox, her name is Susan, emailed me again with another opportunity. She told me that she is also the review editor for a science fiction audiobook review website called SFSite.com, and asked if I would be interested in writing some reviews for them.

She told me that SFSite gets about 250,000 hits per month, and I figure even if she’s exaggerating, that’s still a much bigger audience than I get at Audiobook Heaven. Any review I write for SFSite will have a link back to my own blog, which could send a lot of traffic my way. Susan said I would retain the copyright to any review I write, and I can still post the reviews on my own blog, even if they are published on SFSite.

That sounds like a pretty good deal already, but here’s the best part. I get free audiobooks! Susan has a web page with a list of science fiction audiobooks on it. I can pick any book off the list and she will send it to me in the mail. This is especially exciting because, since I went blind almost two years ago, I’ve had a hard time getting my hands on science fiction audiobooks. Libraries carry a few, but they usually stick to books that will appeal to more people. Science fiction has been my passion since I read my first Jules Verne back in the third grade, so this is pretty exciting to me. Oh, and I get to keep the audiobooks, too.

So anyway, Susan told me to start out with four books, so I went to her book list and picked out the four I wanted. They got here last Saturday, but I haven’t started one yet, I’m listening to John Grisham’s "The Firm" and I want to finish it first.

Isn’t that exciting?! There’s no guarantee that my reviews will be accepted, but it will be fun giving it a try. I kind of feel like a minor league player who has been called up to the majors. I don’t get paid anything, but I get the free books, and if one of my reviews is accepted, it could mean a lot of exposure for Audiobook Heaven.

Believe it or not, there’s even more exciting news on this topic, but I’m going to save that for later. See you soon!

John 9:4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of Him who sent me. Night is coming when no one can work. NIV

1 comment:

  1. Oh you're just full of surprises!

    This is exciting news and I'm pretty happy to see you get excited about something these days. :)

    There's more? whew! God's plan unraveling, eh?

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete