Monday, October 17, 2011

Journal - A Day of Praise

Sunday was an exciting day, and one I had been looking forward to all week. I was already completely blind when we started attending our church in Kearney so I had never seen the building, or the people in it that I have come to know.
I was also a little (okay a lot) nervous about it, because Pastor Mike had asked me to come up and talk a little bit about the miracle that has occurred in my life. Not long after my bandage came off last Tuesday, I began asking God what he wanted me to do with this amazing gift that He has given me, and when we got home from Omaha on Wednesday, there was an email from Mike asking me to do that. My first thought was, “That’s what I get for asking I guess,” but I knew it was something that I needed to do. I know God didn’t restore my sight just to make me happy, He did it so that people can witness it and so that He can be glorified through it. So that was my task: helping people understand how God has changed my life over the last couple of years, and how important it is to keep the faith, even when things look bad.
So we arrived at church at about 9am as usual, and I got my first look at the building. It felt really great to see it, and the new sanctuary that was completed early this year is really beautiful. It was quite an experience putting faces to some of the voices that I have come to know. Everyone was very supportive and seemed genuinely happy for me. At the beginning of the service, Pastor Mike called us up and he asked me a couple of questions about my experience. I know God was with me because I managed to say some things that sounded coherent, and I even remembered the bible verse that I had wanted to share which was 1 Peter 5:6-7. It only took a few minutes and then Iwas done. Through the rest of the service, I really tried to focus on Pastor Mike’s message, but I was just too excited about seeing everyone and everything. Afterward, Mike asked if we could stay for the beginning of the second service and do it again, and we said “Absolutely!” We didn’t stay for the entire second service, just long enough to do that, and then we left.
After church, we had to run up to Walmart to pick up a few things. That was pretty cool too, just walking through the store without having to be guided, and looking at everything. Then we made a quick stop at Walgreen’s to pick up my prescription, and it was back home for lunch.
After lunch, I sat down and watched, yes watched, a football game. It was the Lion’s again, they’re having a really good year so they’ve been on tv almost every week. Unfortunately, they lost to San Francisco. A disappointing finish, but it sure felt good to see a game. I’m looking forward to seeing Nebraska play next Saturday: 2:30pm on ABC.
The rest of the day was relatively relaxing and uneventful, although we had another trip to Omaha to look forward to on Monday.

1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that when the time is proper, He may exalt you; casting your anxieties on Him because He cares for you.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Carol said all her friends are feeling stronger because of you testimony. :)
    I remember saying a week or so ago that God wanted all people to bow their heads in humble prayer and I believe, through you, they were humbled beyond measure!!!

    And all praise to God!!! What a glorious God we serve!

    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete