Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Journal - Magnifying Glass

Tuesday was a quiet and peaceful day. We got to stay home all day and just relax, which we both needed very much.
I finally started on a project that I’ve been waiting a very long time for: cleaning out and organizing the filing cabinet. After two years it was getting pretty crammed full. Joni did a good job with all that stuff while I was blind, but I know it was hard for her because I’m so particular about things. It’s been a little bit of a challenge because my vision is still pretty blurry, but with my magnifying glass I can make out what I need to see and get things in order.
God has granted me something of a unique perspective on things. During the last couple of years before I went blind, my vision was failing and I began to rely more and more on my magnifying glass to use the computer and read mail and that sort of thing. How I cursed that glass as I became more dependent on it. Now I am so happy to be using it again that I can hardly stand it. I’m still using my screen reader at the computer, but can also use my glass to see the things that the reader doesn’t pick up.
So anyway, I spent a few hours in the filing cabinet and it felt pretty good to be doing something useful around the house again. On Tuesday evening, I didn’t have anything particular to do at the computer, so I opened up the old Solitaire program and played a few games using the magnifying glass. That was fun.

Romans 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? ESV

1 comment:

  1. You forgot that this morning you did something else, and that was WASHED CLOTHES!

    It's great to have you back! Now get this place cleaned up, you know I'm a terrible house keeper! :P That was a joke! I didn't leave too much for ya, I hope. teeheehee

    ReplyDelete