Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Journal - Driving Test

Today we went to the courthouse in Minden for the driving part of my driver’s license exam. I told the man that I had taken my written exam in Kearney but the guy there told me I had to do my driving in Minden and even though the guy in Kearney told me why I had to do that I didn’t really understand it. The Minden guy pulled me up in the computer and looked for a minute then said that he didn’t understand why either. Anyway, he entered a few things into the computer file and then we went out for my exam.

The exam was very short because I failed. Apparently I disobeyed a sign, which is an automatic failure. I don’t really doubt that I did. It happened right around the courthouse, which is a big confusing mess of a driving situation. We went back upstairs at the courthouse and he told me I could take the test again as soon as tomorrow. He said I could do it in Kearney if I wanted to, or I could go to Holdrege, which is where the traveling exam team will be tomorrow.

I did get one piece of hopeful news, however. He was looking over all the restriction that the guy in Kearney put on my file and said that he didn’t really understand why some of them were on there, specifically the maximum speed restriction and the distance restriction. He said he would look into that and see if he could get it cleared up for me.

So now I have to decide whether to take my retest in Kearney with Mr. Restriction, or go to Holdrege to the guy that seemed a little more lenient. Personally, I’m leaning toward Holdrege. That will make for a lot of driving around tomorrow since I also have an appointment with Dr. Feilmeier in Kearney. We shall see.

Incidentally, today was the first time in my life I ever had to take a driving test. I didn’t have to take one when I turned sixteen because I had taken driver’s ed in school; I only had to take the written test. My license has never been suspended or revoked so this was my first time. I guess there really is a first time for everything.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, and Miss Carol thanks you for the delicious looking fruit. Won't the small pumpkins look cute on the back stairs after being carved? I'll bet you are creative. Enjoy that watermelon, they are the "bestest of the best."
    there is not a more tasty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Carol's missive would infer the fruit itself was received, when in reality I was referring to a picture of the fruit. sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don’t feel so bad about it. The driving exam started off on the wrong foot, anyway. As the facilitator, the Minden guy shouldn’t have instructed you to do something he didn’t understand himself. Anyway, what did you pick between the choices? -->Marvis

    ReplyDelete