Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Journal - Moving Right Along

Well, things are continuing to move very quickly. I said earlier that I would probably give Elinore a call later this week to check on things, but I didn’t have to. She called me today to let me know that they had received the measurements from my visit on Monday, and that they now have everything they need to go on with the surgery. That Elinore is really on the ball.
As I said before, the only thing left to do is to get my physical, and Elinore let me know that it was time for that. She said that since they have all the information they need now, that my name would go to the top of the list, “so don’t drag your feet too long on this.” She kind of made it sound like this could happen any time now.
Well, I didn’t drag my feet at all. As soon as I got off the phone with Elinore, I looked up the phone number for my old doctor in Kearney, Dr. Rude. Dr. Rude became our family doctor when I was about maybe 8 or 9 years old, and I had already decided I would go to him for my physical, even though it’s been about twenty years since I last saw him.
Anyway, I called Dr. Rude’s office, but found out that he is booked solid until the end of July. The receptionist asked if one of the other doctors would be okay, and I said that would be fine. So I have an appointment with Dr. Jensen next Wednesday at 2:40pm. I haven’t had a physical for about twenty years I guess, and don’t really know what to expect on this visit. I asked how long they typically take, and she said about half an hour. Not bad, I can tolerate just about anything for half an hour. Well, anything except rap music maybe.
As soon as I had my appointment, I called Elinore back to let her know. She said she would need the phone and fax number so she could fax over some information. Elinore was on the other line, so I left the information with someone else in the office.
So that’s that. I have to admit that I’m finally feeling a little anxious. I thought we were still several weeks out from surgery, but Elinore made it sound like it could happen any time. Now all these thoughts are starting to crowd in on me, getting a hotel room, driving to Omaha, getting someone to look after Sassie while we’re gone, etcetera, etcetera. Well, I guess nothing can happen until I get my physical next week, so I can calm down until then. After that, it will just be a matter of waiting for the phone to ring.

Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. ESV

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. ESV

2 comments:

  1. I just have to say, did you notice how last time, when you were sorta trying to 'force' all this to happen and nothing seemed to go right?
    And sure you disappointed a lot of folks by WAITING ON GOD, but guess what??? That is what HE wanted! So kudos to you!!! *big HUGS*

    Everything seems to be running smoother with this doc in charge, and YES, it is going to happen and don't think a thing about ANYTHING else. God has it all taken care of!! :)

    Trust and OBEY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was meant for THIS post. lol

    Isaiah 41:10~Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

    ReplyDelete