Monday, October 10, 2011

Journal - Greetings from Omaha!

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful. Ha ha, just a little post card humor for you there. greetings from the Comfort Inn on West Dodge Road in omaha!
Well, let's see, where did i leave off? Saturday night it took me a little while to get to sleep even though I didn't go to bed until 12pm. But once I got there, I slept pretty well until 8 when Joni woke me up for church.
I'm glad we decided to go ahead and go to church Sunday morning. We got some nice prayers from a couple of pastors, and lots of well wishes from friends. I confess that i had a hard time paying attention to the sermon though.
After church, we went home and packed our last few items, made sure everything was turned off and locked up, said goodbye to Sassie (poor thing), and hit the road. We were on I-80 by a quarter to one.
it was raining when we left, but not a downpour thank goodness. It didn't last too long either; we passed out of it just a little east of Grand Island. We stopped in york for a late lunch at Wendy's, and the rain caught up with us again. So we had a little more rain leaving york, but soon passed out of it again. That reminds me of something I've been wondering about. If Norfolk is pronounced Norfork, should york be pronounced yolk? And what about polk?
anyway, from there we made pretty good time to Omaha, and found our hotel without much difficulty. We got settled in, made our necessary phone calls, and then made the most important phone call of all: the Chinese restaurant! We used to get Chinese delivered to our apartment in Dallas now and then, but haven't had any since we moved to Nebraska, so I was really looking forward to that. We got our food at about 7pm and I stuffed myself silly with General Tso's chicken, rice, and egg rolls. Gosh that was good!
Anyway, after that I took a shower and we all got ready for bed. We turned in early, 9pm, since we would be getting up at 3am Monday morning.
It was a big day, with an even bigger one to come. I have more to write, but I'm a little tired right now so I think I'll finish up later.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that's mine, York, yolk, polk, pork thing! ha ha ha

    I have to admit, I've seen many miracles take place in my life, but not as amazing and wondrous as this.

    The way the power is being felt through all the hundreds of prayers we are getting!!!

    This is just *tears flowing her* breathtakingly amazing!

    I love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete