Friday, January 22, 2010

Dream Diary - Patience

Hi there! Long time, no see. This will be a short post, probably. I have an interesting dream fragment that I wanted to put in the record.

In the dream, I was at the Baptist church in Gibbon, the church I attended in my youth, the church Mom still attends today. I was hanging around with my friend Joe Gangwish. Incidentally, Joe is the brother of Bobbi's husband Mike Gangwish. I don't remember what Joe and I were doing but I also vaguely remember Joe’s mom, Francey, being there. Anyway, they disappeared after a bit.

The interesting part began when I entered a certain room of the church, I think it was the parlor. There were several people sitting around a large table playing password. Remember that old game? It used to be a game show, too. Anyway, one of the people was a guy named Ron Sheets that I used to work with when I lived in Kansas City. I don’t remember what he said to me, but he indicated that he wanted my help with the game. He had a word printed on a card and he wanted me to help him come up with clues to give the other players. He held out the card and showed it to me, and the wordprinted on it was “patience.”

Now I wonder what that dream could possibly mean. I’m not sure if this matters, but the cards they were using were kind of like little gift tags, you know the kind that have “to” and "from" printed on them. The backs of the cards had some kind of Christmas design on them. The front had a Christmas design on the top half, and the bottom half had the hand-written password on it. I’m not sure what the Christmas tie-in means. Maybe something to do with how impatient I was feeling at Christmas last year.

So that was my dream. We are being bombarded today. There are chunks of ice falling from the trees and banging all over our roof. Kind of creepy.

Thanks for reading. Try to stay warm!

Genesis 40:8 And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.

Hebrews 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

1 comment:

  1. Well dear, if you ask my opinion, it is written in black and white for you!
    You read the card. Right? With your eyesight!
    PATIENCE is what you need to get to that point!
    My question is this, what clues would you give him? He was asking because he wants YOU to have each and every word ready when you begin to LOSE patience.

    You've already figured out what the Christmas tie-in was. Patience is a GIFT from God to YOU! (God and YOU in caps here!)

    And yeah, I imagine not being able to see all those chunks of ice is creepy when they bang at the roof like birds pecking for food.

    I'm with ya. I won't let the birds get ya. *wink*

    ReplyDelete