Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dream Diary - Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

I had a couple of unusual dreams the last two nights, both involving my hair.
On Monday night, I dreamed that my hair was falling out. Not just a little bit, but in large clumps. It was kind of like when Sassie is in full-blown shedding mode and you can’t even touch her without getting a handful of hair. In the dream, I would run my hand through my hair and big clumps would come out.
I used to have dreams about my teeth falling out. For several years I had a lot of trouble with my teeth. Then, about a year ago, I finally got them fixed up; as you may recall I had three pulled and one crowned. Since then I haven’t had any more dreams about my teeth. I don’t know what prompted this dream about my hair though. I’m not having any trouble with that as far as I know.
Then, On Tuesday night, I had a dream about going to the barber. It was an unusual barber shop however, more closely resembling an office setup, a large room with open work stations all around. The whole place was dimly lit, which is common in my dreams now that I think about it. My barber was Ken, who I worked with at UPS.
Anyway, I sat down and Ken shampooed my hair like some barbers do. He didn’t rinse the shampoo out though. He left for a while, leaving me sitting there with soapy hair. I sat there for a long time, with Ken popping up now and again. Through dream logic, I began to understand that Ken didn’t know how to cut hair and he was trying to find someone to show him what to do, but I guess he couldn’t find anyone.
I sat in the chair for a long time until it was time for the place to close and everyone was leaving. I finally rinsed my hair out myself. My friend Jon Nutter showed up. He was trying to reassure me that someone would take care of my hair; he was one of the barbers there. Ken finally showed up again with a man I believe was the owner. He said I would get $3.50 off my next haircut. I wasn’t very happy with that, but that’s about all I remember.
Pretty strange dreams, and unusual that they happened two nights in a row. I don’t really sit around obsessing about my hair like I used to do with my teeth, although I do sometimes wonder what it looks like now. I know my hairline is receding and I wonder how noticeable it is, and I wonder how much gray is starting to show since I last saw it.
Well, I didn’t really care for either of those dreams, so I hope they don’t become a regular thing.

Judges 16:17 And he told her all his heart, and said to her, “A razor has never come upon my head, for I have been a Nazirite to God from my mother's womb. If my head is shaved, then my strength will leave me, and I shall become weak and be like any other man.” ESV

Isaiah 55:1 "“Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. ESV

1 comment:

  1. oh dear! It is probably all my fault. lol
    The new shampoo I've been going on and on about how it is strengthening my hair? And it only cost 84 cents!!!

    I think your hair looks daggum fine. Gray hair? What gray hair? :)

    I LOVE YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete