Friday, January 29, 2010

Journal - Insurance Update

If you’ve been following my blog, you’ll already know that I put in an application with Blue Cross and Blue Shield back in December, and for the past four weeks have been waiting to hear whether they were going to approve it or not. Well, I finally have an update.

Yesterday, I got two letters from BCBS. The first was a request for more information. It said I had left a couple of spots blank, and they could not complete the application without it. It went on to say that they needed the information within fifteen days or they would have to cancel my application. No problem there, I was glad to hear from them.

The second letter said that since they had not received the requested information within the allotted fifteen days, they were, regretfully, canceling my application. I guess fifteen days isn’t what it used to be. I received both letters on the same day, yesterday, and both were dated January 25.

Well, my initial reaction was, of course, anger and frustration. Ironically enough, I just finished a book called “The Rainmaker” by John Grisham. It’s about a crooked insurance company that rejected someone’s claim and a kid ended up dying because he couldn’t get the medical treatment he needed. Keep your eye on my other blog, Reviews From The Deep for the review. *wink* Is God trying to tell me I should sue the pants off of BCBS? No, I don’t think so; it was a funny coincidence, though.

Those initial feelings washed over me pretty quickly, when I remembered that this whole thing is completely out of my control anyway. When God is ready for me to see again, then I will see again, regardless of anything I, or my insurance company, try to do about it. Ironically, I wrote a rather lengthy blog on precisely this topic earlier this week and am planning to post it on Saturday. Another funny coincidence? No, I think God probably planned it that way in preparation of the challenge He knew I would soon be facing. His timing, as usual, was impeccable.

So what next? Well, I still feel like God is telling me to wait. Stubborn mule that I am, however, I will probably call BCBS in the morning and try to get to the bottom of this. Anyway, I have a lot of pent-up frustration, and would just love to unload it on some unsuspecting insurance agent. Who knows, maybe it was a simple clerical error.

So that’s my update. Sorry I didn’t have better news for you. I'll probably have more to report later. In the meantime, I need to do some thinking on how I’m going to handle that phone call in the morning..

Isaiah 30:18 And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

Luke 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

4 comments:

  1. I thought you said that there is no such coincidence? Maybe he wants you to sue the pants off of them to help millions of others who get the same 'letters'. Justice is not wrong. The Lord has justice in the palm of His hand and guess what, He gives it to US to utilize with His backup when we need it!

    I'll go...I really don't want my opinion to be something you look back and say, "That's crazy Joni for ya."
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart all ye who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

    Do what you gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I was relieved when you said you would call them to get to the bottom of this.

    That is unacceptable. I had a really similar thing happen with my state insurance. I went on a run around on the phone and finally told a guy look, I'm blind. This stuff sometimes can't happen quicly. I have to have someone help me fill it out and everything and you're not giving me much time. He said, let's just do it over the phone. He got the information they needed right over the phone.

    A lot of these companies will help us if we tell them we're blind and could really use their assistence. And if we don't advocate for ourselves, we are hurting the next person. I have to agree with JayNoi on that one.

    It's my opinion that people who don't get what they need probably didn't try hard enough. Like the priest stuck on the roof who denied God's help because he didn't think it came in the right form. Go get em, tiger. Roar!!! God wants you to have what you desire, if and when it's possible. As long as you're honest in the way you get it, He will smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO! Someone agrees with me! lol
    (((((((Ro)))))))

    ReplyDelete